Friday, September 30, 2011

It's getting closer and closer now



It's hard to believe that I have been training for 14 weeks and that my race is just 2 weeks away.

Have I done everything I needed to do? Have I trained as hard as I need to? I honestly think I have but I won't know for sure until I get to the race. This past week was rough as I had to fight through some health issues but still managed to complete my 36K run on Saturday. I took Sunday and Monday off and did some speed work but avoided the track as I didn't feel 100%.

I'll be running 22+ K's on Saturday and another 10K run on Sunday. After that I will be reducing my mileage right up until the race on October 16th. Race week will be a different "animal" all together as I fight through nerves and anxiety. Race Day will be filled with lots of emotions for sure and I have to make sure that I stay motivated between now and then.

No comments: