Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm back baby!

For some reason I have been in hibernation but it's time to go back to what I love to do.
So much has happened since my last post but I'm all about living in the present so let me just be brief in my synopsis.
I'm still working for Health Systems Group but managing a gym closer to my home in Ajax. The company is Ontario Power Generations. Living and working in virtually the same city has been an amazing transformation for me. I don't have to deal with sitting in traffic for up to an hour and I don't have to pay $40/week in parking.

Leaving Franklin Templeton Investments (FTI) wasn't easy because I made so many great friendships with some amazing people. I also learned my trade there and was able to teach so many different classes such as step aerobics, spinning and TRX suspension training.

My job at OPG doesn't provide me the opportunity to teach as much as they don't have an aerobics room. They do have spinning bikes though and that was becoming my favorite class to teach at FTI.

Because I was teaching so many classes at FTI I wasn't running nearly as much as when I was racing. I was able to run 2-3 times at FTI and it fed my passion but also teased me at the same time because I wanted more. However, I just didn't have the energy to run on the weekends as I needed to rest my body for the next week of teaching.

Now I suddenly have all this time and my body isn't being pounded through the teaching and I have decided to train for another Marathon! I have picked the Scotiabank Marathon on October 18th as my coming out party :)
This is my 4th week of 17 and so far the old legs are coming along nicely. I have even started running at 5:00 AM again (my favorite time to run).
I will update this blog with my training.

No comments: