Friday, September 4, 2009

What do you see when you look out your window?

I wanted to share a little story with all of you so please bare with me. Last week, as I was getting a tour of my new work, I went upstairs to meet some of the people I will be working with. The person who was giving me the tour showed me one office and I immediately took a look outside of their window. What I saw was an amazing place to go for a walk or run or just a place to get away and do some thinking. I kept thinking that if I organize a walking or running clinic then this would be a great place to take people. There were so many trees and it all looked so peaceful from where I was looking.

I kept staring out the window until finally the person who I was with caught me and wondered why I had this huge smile on my face. She said that what I was staring at was a cemetary but ALL I saw was opportunity.

The point of my story is that we all have a choice as to how we want to look at things. Where I saw opportunity to create something positive, this person had no idea of that. I hope that you have discover some new opportunities in your own lives that other people don't see. I actually feel bad for people who have no passion in their lives. They remind me of the feather in the Forrest Gump movie. Floating around going nowhere in particular.

No comments: